ISO 9001 is the world’s leading standard that has ever been published at an international level. It sets out the requirements for a quality management system and can be implemented and certified by any company, regardless of the dimensions or field of activity.
What does Quality Management System consist of ?
ISO 9001-2015 today represents the world-renowned benchmark for certification of the quality management system of businesses across all sectors and of all sizes. The ISO 9000 family standards are guidelines on how an enterprise should act to ensure the provision of a quality which means service that responds to what is required by the client. Certification by this family of norms is a system certification rather than a product, which means it does not certify the goods or service, but the companys’s management system.
EN ISO 9001-2015 sets the focus of the realization:
- Customer and full satisfaction of his pleasure.
- The vision of the company as a set of processes that have a close relationship between them.
- To provide products / services that respond consistently to the defined requirements;
- Following a continuous improvement of the presentations performance.
- Managing quality means administering of its processes efficiency throught
- Knowing, management and monitoring the processes;
- Ability to involve human resources;
- Centralizing the leadership role at the company’s top level
Working with efficiently results in cost reductions. By applying the full quality, therefore achieving a market share more easily,with a better quality and lower prices.
- Managing the efficiency of its activity, helping to improve everyone’s work and respond to the demands set;
- The benefit of a monitoring and measurement system that guarantees the effectiveness of the controls;
- Increase of competition and reliability, distinctness in the reference market;
- Having a certification with international validity, additional elements for participation in tenders.